As we entered into 2018, we have been able to reflect on everything God did in 2017. It was a year full of the glory of the Lord, but it was also a challenging year in many ways for our family. We were presented with some ministry opportunities that would require us to move out of Mexico. We would have once again been ministering in the area of disaster relief which is something that is very close to our hearts. As we began to take steps toward this new work, we found our hearts were torn. We were having difficulty finding the place of peace. We would have to transition away from the people and nation we love.
Through the month of December, we dedicated ourselves to prayer and seeking direction for our family. We realized that God had given us a choice between two great ministries for which we are passionate. In the end, we felt that Mexico is where we are supposed to serve! We are expecting great things in 2018, and are excited that you are on this journey with us!
Looking Back at 2017
Discipleship of Leaders: Over the past 2 years in Mexico, our family has seen salvations, signs and wonders, and many healings. We knew we were adding to the Kingdom of God but felt God wanted to teach us multiplication. Last year we focused on discipleship and raising up leaders. Each week we have the leaders in our home for a meal and a time of pouring into them the things of the Kingdom. As we began to disciple the leaders, we understood what God was teaching us. Through the leaders, we began to see growth. They are now seeing miracles, healings, and salvations. The work of the Kingdom is being multiplied through sons and daughters. Being a father and mother to these leaders has become one of our favorite things to do, and we are expecting growth this year!
Feeding Center: In 2017, with the help of our partners, we were able to complete construction of a feeding center at one of the churches. The feeding center is able to feed the community several times a week, and the church is growing. Eighty-five percent of the children in this community are orphans and are surviving one meal at a time. Kaleo is currently working to purchase the adjacent land, so we can build housing for the orphans and missionaries!
Highlights from the Past Month
God is doing so much at such a rapid pace! Following are some of the highlights from the past month…
1 We distributed over 3,000 pounds of beans and rice to pastors. This food helps the church families and allows the pastors to reach out to minister to their communities.
2. We helped with Christmas outreaches at 4 churches during December. We preached the gospel each time and saw salvations and healings. We fed everyone who came. The children were given toys and candy, and the adults were given rice and beans for their families. We were also able to bless some of the families with homemade blankets.
3. We hosted a Christmas meal at our home for the leaders and their families. It was an amazing time of food and fellowship!
4. We opened our home each week for the leaders. We enjoyed times of fellowship and discipleship. The presence of the Lord is increasing each week!
Looking Forward to 2018
We have been seeking the Lord for fresh vision and direction for Mexico. This year is a year full of new adventures and challenges. God is building a team in Nuevo Laredo and other parts of Mexico that is burning for revival. This is a season in which our pastors, leaders, and team are learning to dream with God!
Fathering and Mothering Leaders: One area that we are focusing on is to raise up leaders. We are teaching the leaders to not just discern the spiritual climate of our city but to change it. God has called us to raise up sons and daughters who will walk in the power of the Holy Spirit!
Church Planting and New Works: This week we launched outreaches into two new communities. Doors are opening, and the people are hungry for the Word of God. Healings are taking place in the streets and entire families are coming to know the Lord!
Ministry to Children: Ministry to children has been one of our main focuses since we have been in Mexico. Our work with children continues, and this year we hope to launch training for the children and youth. Our desire is to teach skills and trades that will give the youth alternatives to some of the lifestyles they are facing. We can teach trades like sewing, construction, and welding to give them an opportunity to provide for their families in a safe manner.
Upcoming Events and Prayer Points
1. One of our Pastors has launched a church at his house. His neighborhood is known as one of the worst in the central part of our city. Pray that the Light of Jesus shines brightly in this neighborhood!
2. As we stated above, we are pursuing the purchase of the land adjacent to the feeding center. Our desire is to build housing for the orphans that currently have no home. Pray that the legal process to purchase the land would go smoothly and quickly!
3. God is doing an accelerated work in the pastors/leaders. Join with us in lifting them up in prayer!
4. We are starting outreaches in 2 more communities. These areas are known as some of the worst in our city. Pray that Jesus would break into these communities, and that we would see transformation!
We have been overwhelmed by the goodness of God! He is raising up His sons and daughters in our city to plow the ground and sow seeds of revival. The fields are ripe with harvest!
While we see what God is doing first hand in Mexico, we are aware that we could not do it without our friends, family, and partners who have supported and loved us. Every testimony is as much yours as it is ours!
Ways for You to Partner with Us
1. Prayer: Thank you so much for partnering with our family through prayer!
2. Finances: If you would like to financially sow into the work that God is doing in Mexico, you can mail a check written to Over the Horizon, Inc. to Wileys, PO Box 2533, Laredo, TX 78044. Please include a note that the donation is for our family. If you would like to give via the internet, please contact us for instructions.
3. Email updates: If you would like to receive the email updates from our family, please click HERE and send us your email address.
Ronnie, Missy, Katie, and Isaac